- Appearance :
- Colourless to light yellow fuming liquid
- Sp. Gravity at 30 oC :
- Fumes strongly in moist air.
Attack many metals with liberation of hydrogen, which is
inflammable and forms explosive mixture.
- Oxidizing agent.
- Highly Hygroscopic.
- Purity (as CISO2OH) :
- 98.0 % min
- Sulphuric Acid (as H2SO4) & Free SO3 (as SO3) :
- 2.00 % max
- Free Hydrochloric Acid (as HCI) :
- 0.5 % max
- Iron (as Fe)
- 0.01 % max
- For manufacturing of synthetic detergents and drugs.
Sulphonating agent for dyes & dye intermediates and
- In the manufacturing of iron exchange resins.
Manufacturing of anhydrous HCl and smoke producing chemicals
DANGERS AND PRECAUTIONS FOR HANDLING PRODUCT :
- Strong irritant to tissues
- Causes severe damage to eyes, skin & air passage
Reaction with moist air produces mist, which has severe
irritating effect on eyes, skin & air passage.
Store the material in MS tank. Avoid contact with moisture
- Fire risk in contact with organic substances.